Saturday, August 10, 2013

On The Road Again!


I’ve been a little preoccupied the past week getting ready for our 5-week road trip from Blairsville, GA to Santa Barbara, CA.  We are attending both Susan’s 50th and my 55th high school reunions.  This is going to be a first for me since it will be the first reunion I have attended in the 55 years since graduating from high school.  Did I just say 55 years?  It is hard to believe that it has been that long.  I wonder if I will recognize anyone.  I sure hope they will be wearing name tags!  Now, you have to understand, I haven’t changed a bit since high school  (smiley face) so I am sure they all will recognize me.   I couldn’t find my high school senior picture but this one is from April 1962 so that is close enough.  If you were one of my classmates you would recognize me, right?  





Susan, on the other hand, has been on the reunion committee for the past three reunions and has been interacting with her classmates during that time so she has an advantage of knowing what most of them look like.  Still, it’s been 50 years since she has seen some of them.  What do you think, will they recognize her?




Over the next 5 weeks or so would I thought I would share with you highlights of our road trip so you can be part of the fun and adventure as we drive across country with a stop at the Grand Canyon, attend reunions, visit friends and family, explore Yosemite and a multitude of other activities as yet to be determined.

Remember to leave a comment and let me know what you think, will our classmates recognize us?

No comments:

Post a Comment