Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I've crossed an item off my bucket list!!!

It took me a while but I finally crossed another item off of my bucket list. I wrote a book! It wasn’t the one I always thought I would write. I’ve always thought I would write a mystery or thriller or suspense novel. In fact I’ve tried that before but never managed to complete it. But this time when I sat down and actually started writing what flowed out of me turned out to be a love story set in one of my favorite places on earth – Alaska. For those of you who know me it’s probably no surprise it’s a love story since I’m an incurable optimist and romantic.

The book is entitled Black Diamonds and I hope you’ll take the time to look it up and read it. It is available in hard copy at Black Diamonds on CreateSpace where you can purchase it, have it printed and mailed to you. If you prefer an e-book just go to Black Diamonds on Amazon and you can download a digital version. You don’t have to own a Kindle, you just have to have a Kindle app for whatever device you’re using. You can get a free Kindle app by going to Amazon E-Reader Apps and downloading whatever app is appropriate for the device you’re using. For those of you who might purchase it and read it I’d appreciate your posting a review on either site.

I’ll also be starting a monthly newsletter. If you’d like to receive it please send me an email to be put on the list. I’d also appreciate any personal feedback you might care to provide about how you liked the book and suggestions you may have for future endeavors.

I’m also on several other social media sites that I’d appreciate your liking or following or whatever is appropriate for that site. These include Facebook, GoogleCircles and LinkedIn. Thanks in advance for your assistance with this.

I also want you to know I’m not going to stop with a single book! Black Diamonds is only Book 1 in the planned Colors of Alaska Trilogy. I’m already hard at work on the next book and will be providing those of you who follow this blog with some “sneak peeks” at it as it begins to unfold.

I’m looking forward to what the future holds for us as we embark on this journey together.

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading your book Mike (just as soon as my tablet gets back from the Dr.)! I also forwarded a link to your blog to my dad.
    Hope all is well!

    Courtney (Koehler) Pate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Courtney. Sorry to hear your tablet is at the doctors and hope it will be home soon so you can read Black Diamonds. Anxious to hear how you like it. When you finish reading it I would appreciate your posting a review on Amazon. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. I am about half way through Black Diamonds and thoroughly enjoying it! I have signed up to receive your blog via RSS feed and would love to be added to your newsletter mailing list.

    Pam Fink

    ReplyDelete